Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Women


The past few days I have felt a bit under the weather. I’m not sure if it was allergies or a cold (it is winter here), but I am sure it was not fun. I was well enough to go to school and continue on with life, but not well enough to really feel 100% or clean the accumulating dishes in the kitchen, go to the grocery store, or really commit to lesson planning. So the other night, as soon as we got home from school (around 4:40) I made myself scrambled eggs and toast (what my mom used to make me when I was sick), got into my pajamas, took a Nyquil, and curled up in my bed watching Little Women. Yearly my friends from Vanderbilt and I have watched Little Women. I love each of the characters in their own way, and last night I particularly loved Marmy and her wisdom and caring for her children. While I am so glad to be here, I cannot help but wish I had my own “Marmy” here to make my eggs for me and clean my dishes and make me feel better. I slept 10-11 hours the past few nights, and am feeling better. Thank God for my returning help, and ask for continued recovery. I have also still been working on finding a church here, so pray that it will all come together soon.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you are sick with no one to take care of you! :( I'm praying that you will feel your Father's care and that you will recover quickly. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear little one! Please know that I am praying that you will feel much better soon. Sounds like you are doing for yourself exactly what I would be doing for you. Well done! Do not hesitate to have Mary go with you to the doctor if you are not feeling better by the time you read this. You take care, ok? Love you bunches! --- Mom

    ReplyDelete